Tuesday, April 20, 2010

still.

The past couple weeks have been interesting.

Interesting... could I be more vague? [I guess I could be more vague if I made up a word. The past couple weeks have been lubarious. Yep, now you have even less of a clue what I'm talking about. I'll try this again.]

The past couple weeks have been some of the most emotional ones I've had in quite a while. It's been made up of some of the lowest lows I can ever remember having, but it's been counterbalanced with some incredible highs that have kept it both bearable and quite interesting.

There's that word again. Interesting.

I guess the bottom line is that I don't know how to process everything that's gone on. I've become very emotionally fragile. By the time I deal with myself, I have nothing left to give away. I can't invest into other people like I want to.


I was laying in bed this morning, trying to process everything, when a crystal clear sentence cut through the jumbled mess that was in my head:

Be still and know that I am God.

It wasn't a phrase I'd thought of recently, nor was it anything that's ever held exceptional meaning in my life, but it was precisely what I needed to hear.


I realized I've been trying to take things into my own hands.
(How human of me.)


As soon as this Psalm entered my mind, my entire demeanor changed. I felt myself physically loosen. I stopped analyzing every tiny detail of the past couple weeks. My brain simply stopped.

And I was still.

And I knew.
I knew.

That God is sovereign.
That God has everything under control.
That God is in charge.
That God won't give me anything that I can't handle.
That God allows struggle in order to enable growth.
That God is molding me.
That God has never and will never give up on me.
That God is love.


So I will be still.

And I will bask in the peace that I will never fully comprehend.






"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress." --Psalm 46:10-11

3 comments:

Lacey said...

thanks Kels, I needed that :)

Jill said...

Very inspirational and beautifully scripted. Prayer is something else that will always sustain you. If you ever need me to pray for you Kelsi, call me, night or day. Anytime. Love you!!

stuckinindiana said...

WOW Kelsi... I've been there on more than one occasion. You are SO right. It's like sometimes we just need to give into the questions & rest - just being in His presence... nothing more.